Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thats the Truth, Ruth


One of my dude-friends called me late last night to get some advice for a dated-briefly-girl-who-turned-into-a-psycho-abusive-text-messaging-slapper. Taking relationship advice off me.. SURE. I started spouting off a passive-aggressive type arguement and he was lapping it up.. "The King of Confrontation" he called me. Ha! I'm more the type who knows exactly what to say, but when it comes to saying it, I freeze up and then slap myself around a bit after wondering why I didnt say what I actually needed to say.

This song by R.Kelly aint stumbling with this steez when setting this straight with his Chola:

R. Kelly - Real Talk

-----
My opinion about the Fiddy 'Curtis' vs Kanyeezy 'Graduation' thing.. I'd have to admit that I'm preferring the 50 album at this point. More so for its beats and the collabs.. but I like Kanye's voice better. I was expecting more boomtown things with 'Graduation', but it wasnt as bigger let down as 'Late Registration'. More laid back.. so I can see it being used more as a "atmosphere/background" thing.

-----
And one more from Mark Ronson.. massive hype about this one where Bob Dylan gets Version'ed. Been around a while so you've probably already heard it. I'm not sure if I like it as much as some of the other ones.

Mark Ronson vs. Bob Dylan - Most Likely You Go Your Way (I'll Go Mine)

No comments: